4.01.2004

 

The World's Biggest Upset!

First things first, I can't wait to watch this episode when it gets here 1 month and a half from now. Big Congratulations to Shelton Benjamin for beating HHH in Raw this past Monday. I am a big fan of Benjamin. I loved his Tag Team with Charlie Haas as "The World's Greatest Tag Team". Breaking up the best heel tag team is a bad i dea. Breaking them up was a bad a idea period. But you gotta ask "What's next for them?". I look forward to Charlie Haas' solo career now. But the man of the hour is Shelton Benjamin. What's next for him? Personally I want him to succeed and win the World Heavyweight Championship, but win every single belt there is in the process. Thats a good year and a half right there.

I just can't help but think that he's getting screwed-over right this minute. Okay a win over HHH is a big thing. Its a huge deal. But I just can't help but feel he's being screwed-over. Might be the pessimist in me. Here's a list of possible screw-jobs which might be done to Shelton Benjamin:

1. One screw-over might be that and God i hope this doesnt happen, his old gimmick "It's all about the Benjamins" is brought back. That was just really, really awful.
2. Another screw-over might be he gets beaten cleanly like Booker T against HHH last year. In their feud. Booker was treated like hired help bordering on racism. Booker's a great wrestler but his mic skills failed him just before their big match.
3. Third possible screw-over might be WWE pushes him for a short period then abandon their plans. Then he's relagated to grunt status.
4. He gets a beat down from Evolution or because of HHH's rage, just from HHH. Then he goes down to grunt status. Going up as high as a mid-carder.
5. Another is WWE might be a racist organization and this is their way of saying that black men ain't gonna make it to the top. I love the shows. I love the entertainment. Sometimes I wish I was one of them. But if they are a racist organization, I'm out the door faster than Funaki jobbing on everyone of his matches.

The more I think about all this the more I wanna see Shelton Benjamin succeed. The WWE needs an African-American Champion. The last great African-American wrestler they had was Ahmed johnson. Goddamn! He had talent, he had mic skills, he had the build. Now he's nowhere to be seen. Sorry Booker, I ain't dissing you, Good luck in your career in Smackdown.

Congratulations to Shelton Benjamin again. Show them what you got. Good Luck to you and your wrestling career.
Comments: Post a Comment



| << Home